Wednesday, January 20, 2010

GBS gets worse,what I supposed to do?

My name is Ayut. I'm Thai and 27 years old. When I was a student in the U.S., I was diagnosed as having GBS on August 10th. Now, I'm back in Thailand. At that time, my arms and legs did not have energy or power at all. Even though I did not need to stay in an ICU nor need an artificial ventilator, I felt the numbness throughout my whole arms and legs, including my waist. Then, I got the IVIg for 5 days. After that everything was getting better and better. The numbness was cut down only in the palms and feet's areas. However, the situation was getting worse again in the week 3 after I got the IVIg. The numbness was moving towards up from my feet and arms to my knees and elbows respctively, but not so far. Also, I could not move my toes and ankles much, and I could not stand on my toes and heels even thought I could do so during the first or second week after I received the IVIg. Probably, I tried to work out too much to recover my muscles. I don't know it this the problem or not. Or I drank beer and wine for 2 days, but not too much. Or the cold weather is not good for GBS. etc. (I have no idea for this)

So far, I have met three neurologists and they said the same that I would return to be (at least 80%) normal within 3-4 months. However, it's has been almost 2 months for me with the GBS. I don't know how long it will last.

So, if I don't feel better or I feel worse, what should I do next? Does any body have any valuable information for me? Does the second IVIg work for me? Except IVIg and PE, what kind of medication should I take? What kind of food will help my body heal itself? What kind of excercises should I do? (Now, I have to go to a hospital to do my physical therapy) (and I go swimiming sometimes) Is it normal to feel soar in the back as a result of GBS? (I have felt for 2-3 months)...etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment